CareerPoint and the Workforce Alliance of the North Bay offer solutions to help companies avoid laying off employees in times of economic downturn or business hardship. We can help businesses determine whether work sharing or temporary furloughs would provide an alternative until financial circumstances improve.
Under some conditions, CareerPoint understands that a layoff may be unavoidable. We are equipped to help companies navigate the impacts of layoffs and closures through the Rapid Response Program, which provides immediate assistance to companies and their affected employees.
The Rapid Response Program offers transition services to employees, including:
- Assistance with accessing Unemployment Insurance
- Job Search Assistance
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (when required, if jobs are eliminated due to foreign trade)
- Other transitional services that support employees
Companies who provide Rapid Response services to employees during a layoff experience these positive outcomes:
- Reduced unemployment insurance costs because affected workers can take steps to become reemployed more quickly
- Reduced incidence of damages to company’s physical or intellectual property
- Sustained productivity and morale because workers are able to see how those affected are being assisted
- Improved public and/or media relations because of demonstrated efforts to assist impacted workers
The California Employment Development Department (EDD) funds Rapid Response teams through the state to assist businesses and workers during layoffs and plant closures. Companies with more than 75 full time employees must notify the state in writing under California’s Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act. CareerPoint’s Rapid Response Team is comprised of representatives from the California Employment Development Department (EDD) Unemployment and Job Service Divisions, the Department of Labor, the Workforce Alliance of the North Bay, and other requisite agencies to help employees who are transitioning. If your company is facing an unavoidable downsizing or layoff, please contact us right away so our team can help you comply with regulations, access available resources and manage employee expectations.
Business Engagement Representative – Napa County
Business Engagement Representative – Marin County
Business Engagement Representative – Lake & Mendocino Counties