Deciding whether to go to college, get specialized training, or find work is difficult for many young people. How do you know if the career you choose will be the right one for you? CareerPoint focuses you on exploring your options, gaining work experience, and finding the best pathway to help you succeed in the future.
Employment and training services are available to eligible out-of school youth between the ages of 14 to 24 who reside in Lake, Napa, Marin, or Mendocino counties. Services provided include:
- Tutoring, study skills training and instruction
- Alternative education
- Summer employment when linked to academic and occupational learning
- Paid and unpaid work experience
- Occupational skills training
- Leadership development
- Supportive services
- Adult mentoring
- Follow-up services
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
For more information or to find out if you are eligible for services, call or visit the CareerPoint center in your county.